This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our client is fundamentally different in the way they work and what you may be used to, they were created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing.
This role requires you to be highly skilled, not necessarily highly experienced. Either way, expectations are high given their reputation in the industry. In addition to being highly skilled, they place great emphasis on integrity, working hard and team solidarity.
• Implement graphical rendering techniques and effects, and supporting tools and technology
• Work closely with other departments to create or improve art asset creation and workflow
• Sharing of graphics knowledge with other members of the programming team
• The ability to work with older / other graphics engines and update them to use modern rendering techniques
• Work as part of a small but perfectly formed close-knit team, where your opinion and efforts count
• Enthusiasm for graphics programming, technologies and methods and a desire to keep up to date
• At least one shipped console or PC title or demonstrable expertise in the field
• Expert knowledge of vertex and pixel shader programming
• Knowledgeable in a variety of special FX techniques
• Excellent knowledge of graphics pipelines and hardware
• Excellent C/C++ programming knowledge
• Excellent maths skills
• Keen eye for detail
• Experience with 3D graphics APIs such as Direct3D, OpenGL
• Experience in profiling and optimisation techniques
• Experience with multithreaded programming
• Extensive professional programming experience considered a bonus
Skills, experience or interests considered a bonus:
• Knowledge and experience of other game engines such as Unity, UE4
• Knowledge and experience of the Universal Windows Platform
• An interest in games