Stainless Games are looking for experienced Unreal C++ programmers for a number of roles on current and next generation console, mobile and PC. We want developers that love games and have a genuine passion for coding.
At Stainless Games, you’ll be working with talented colleagues in a fun and relaxed environment on the beautiful Isle of Wight. Remote working would be considered for the right candidate.
Stainless is an independent computer game developer, established in 1994, with a catalogue of multi-million selling titles under our belt. Over the years we’ve developed over 40 games and 300 SKUs for Mobile, Console, PC, Steam and VR for gamers to enjoy.
All applicants must have:
- 2 years consecutive game development experience.
- Demonstrably strong C++ skills.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Problem-solving mindset.
- Understanding of multiple gameplay technologies commensurate with experience, such as AI, Physics, Navigation, Scripting, UI, Rendering, etc.
- Good BSc degree in relevant subject or equivalent experience.
- Fluent English
- We can help to arrange visa sponsorship for the right candidate.
- Good demonstrable knowledge of C#.
- Experience with scripting languages (LUA).
- Other middleware experience (Unity 3D).
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies.
- Platform experience beyond PC (Console/Mobile)
Working in an agile environment you’ll need:
- Good communication skills working with multiple disciplines (code, art, design, QA, production).
- Ability to work flexibly, and to deadline.
When applying, please please provide a cover letter, CV and any relevant links to work if possible.
After the disruption of recent years, our team have returned to the studio on a much more flexible basis. We thought long and hard about achieving the right balance, and still feel that being able to chat to colleagues face to face is an invaluable part of making great games, while also helping to nurture our collaborative company spirit. However, we wanted to give our team the best of both worlds, so they now have the option to work from home on Mondays and/or Fridays if they wish. We’ve also recently refurbished our studio to enhance the working environment for all.
We would consider full time remote work for the right candidate, but they would need to accommodate our core working hours of 10 am - 4 pm and be flexible around them, so the role would likely be more suited to those in a similar time zone.
Other work benefits include:
- Annual 22 days holiday PLUS UK bank holidays PLUS a 2 week Christmas shutdown
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working around reasonable core hours
- Pension contributions
- Private medical cover
- Assistance with working visa, application process and fees
- Relocation assistance
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discount on ferry travel for employees, family and friends
- Mental Health First Aiders at work
- And much more...including on the social side once restrictions allow again...
The Isle of Wight has become an increasingly attractive lifestyle destination, especially since the pandemic. It’s one of the sunniest places in the UK, and you’re never more than 25 minutes’ drive from a beach, making it ideal for outdoor living and family life.
Stainless Games Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, which means that we are committed to a policy of treating all of our employees and job applicants equally.
Apply now to be part of our friendly and progressive team!
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters.