OPM’s Are pleased to be working again with a client that has grown from Indie Developer to AAA, with exciting new IP’s and projects with partners in development they are expanding their programming team. They are looking for an experienced Lead Programmer to join their team on their exciting AAA project. You’ll work with other programmers, designers, artists, animators, and producers to build out game systems and features.
The successful candidate is someone who is interested in competitive games especially first person shooters and has experience of leading teams to deliver projects on tight deadlines.
- Manage the programming team effectively to meet short, medium and long term goals of the project.
- Scope, estimate and evaluate tasks for the programming team • Breakdown large features into achievable tasks for other programmers
- Work closely with the Tech Director as well as other departments to deliver their vision of the game
- Guide programmers at all levels and be the ‘glue’ bringing the team together to share knowledge and processes
- Develop solid and meaningful relationships in order to understand the needs, goals and skillsets of everyone on the team.
- Iterate on existing features and mechanics
- Write extensible, stable, efficient code
- Deep industry experience
- Superb knowledge of programming multiplayer games in UE4
- Shipped at least one title using UE4 and/or on consoles
- Must understand the importance of efficient networking in a multiplayer game
- Have a strong grasp of C++, software design, programming and debugging
- A desire to craft multiplayer games
- Ability to communicate with a multidisciplinary team
- A methodical mind and the ability to think outside the box
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communicator with the ability to articulate systems and ideas effectively
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!