A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
As Website Product Owner, your role is to lead on Jagex’s website portfolio and be accountable for the success of web onboarding funnels for our games. Your mission is to build compelling digital destinations that excite, entertain, and educate players and to facilitate the growth of both existing and new games. You will be responsible for managing multiple websites & will be accountable for ensuring we deliver digital experiences that generate tangible value for the business.You will collaborate with stakeholders across Jagex to ascertain requirements, as well as relying on data and insights to continually improve the experience for our players.Key Duties Include:
- Own the vision for the web team & clearly communicate this to the relevant scrum teams & stakeholders.
- Define KPIs against the web mission & ensure they are actively measured and visible across the company.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and A/B testing within the team using multiple data sources and customer insight and share learnings with other product owners & teams in the organisation.
- Keep a wide range of stakeholders engaged and informed of progress, including organising internal demos & retrospectives. Work alongside those stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve our websites & deliver business value.
- Work within an Agile framework – writing user stores, defining acceptance criteria, prioritising the backlog. Defining the ‘What’ so the delivery team have clarity within their roles.
- Coordinate content for the sites, working with key stakeholders from Community, Game Development and Product Marketing.
- 2+ Years’ experience in a Product Owner role working on websites or similar Digital Experiences.
- Demonstratable experience of successfully delivering improvements to digital customer journeys through working within an Agile framework.
- Strong web analytics skills and experience with utilising data insights to drive measurable KPI improvements.
- Ability to manage both technical conversations with web development specialists as well as design-oriented conversations with UX and design specialists.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to motive and inspire the web team as well as build strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Highly adaptable, with the ability to thrive within the rapidly evolving Digital landscape.
- A Pragmatic growth mindset – there are always areas to improve, and overcoming obstacles is a natural part of the process.
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.