||Black Shamrock is looking for an experienced level designer to help us create an immersive kick-ass action RPG based on a famous IP (new production).
We are seeking a highly skilled and efficient designer to work closely with our fantastic creative team and to contribute building an awesome player experience.
What you will be doing
- Create and improve game levels and worlds to ensure optimum playability
- Participate in the creation, documentation and tuning of the level to design gameplay elements according to the design and creative vision of the project
- You know perfectly the Level Design process from block-out to final balancing tweaks and events management.
- Share knowledge within the team and mentor junior level designers
- Set and share best practices, production pipelines and workflows
- Understand and apply guidelines for creating engaging level layouts within the game to support specific gameplay rules or play styles
- Manage priorities and produce realistic time estimations
- Create improved document frameworks or templates for the level design team and update any relevant documentation as part of the design process
- Collaborate with quality control teams as part of the debugging process by sharing relevant information, coordinating issue responsibility and resolving any reported issues
- Anticipate production needs
What you should have
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the games industry is mandatory
- Experience working with a game engine (Unreal, Unity, etc), using scripting tools to orchestrate events, and implementing 3D work into the pipeline
- Experience in team management, in either a team lead role or mentoring junior designers
- Proven ability to work at many levels, from high-level concepts to detailed design implementation and balancing
- You are able to receive, give, and apply feedback effectively
- Create and maintain documentation of design solutions
- Ability to understand and solve problems
- Ability to work with people from other fields of expertise
- Originality and proactivity when setting out solutions
- Attention to detail and well organized
- Full-time in-house position
- Central Dublin location
- Available as soon as possible
- Salary to be defined depending on profile
Resume - motivation letter - website - Linkedin profile - references... (if relevant)
Link: <a href="http://www.black-shamrock.com/jobs/">http://www.black-shamrock.com/jobs/
</a>Please, when answering this announce add the Reference #ID12 at the end of the form.