Senior Systems Designer - New IP
Games Jobs - Game Design - Brighton
|Job Title||Senior Systems Designer - New IP|
|Job Category||Game Design|
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last.
You are ambitious, intelligent, and intellectually curious. You are a self-disciplined problem-solver, who is respectful and straightforward with all your colleagues. You are trusting and trusted, flexible and emotionally mature, and you thrive on working with people who share these values.
As Senior Systems Designer you will be highly competent in your core discipline, ready to take on new roles and responsibilities, and be pushed out of your current comfort zone. You’ll relish new challenges and opportunities, especially when that comes with added responsibility and visibility inside and outside your team.
At Boss Alien we design and create innovative free-to play mobile games, with jaw-dropping visuals and super-accessible gameplay. To continue innovating at the highest-level, we are looking for a Senior Systems Designer to join the team here in Brighton on an unannounced new title.
You will be joining a team of passionate, talented, and ambitious, designers, programmers and artists, to work on a new project that has ambitions to exceed our already high-standards. This is your opportunity to shine in the growth area of the industry - to take a new game currently at the start of development, and working with an incredible team, help deliver it to the global market.
Your role will help ensure the game launches on-time, with a rock-solid game economy, and then continues to deliver engaging and creative events and content.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop systems and behaviours for core gameplay, retention, and social game features that monetise, engage and motivate players through amazing game experiences and highly enjoyable progression.
• Tune game and monetisation features, and the overall freemium game economy to maximise the player experience and revenue potential.
• Observe and analyse user testing and analytics to recommend design solutions and improve/fix design features during the life of the product as a service.
• Establish and model key player progression and game economy statements, balance the game towards them.
• Provide clear and concise communication of the product vision, design approaches and requirements to team members, product owners, senior management and other relevant key stakeholders through documentation, presentations and visual tools to convey key concepts, mechanics and systems required.
• Lead design reviews/evaluations on a regular basis. Respond to emergent QA and design issues/problems in development and ensure these are addressed to meet product goals and release plan targets.
• Shipped multiple system-driven titles.
• You have hands-on experience balancing a live game.
• You are a F2P design expert, and know how to integrate both a fun user experience and effective monetisation strategy into a product.
• You love playing RPGs and/or strategy games.
• You're great with numbers and a master of Excel.
• You have a strong attention to detail and understand the importance of balance and strong system design.
• You understand that we can only create outstanding games as a team and have the experience and energy to together turn vision into fully developed game mechanics.
WHAT DO WE GIVE YOU?
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Game Design|
|More||View other NaturalMotion jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of NaturalMotion using their internal reference onue6fwV.|
|Apply for this job|