A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Job Purpose: As an animator on the Old School Team you would be responsible for creating a wide variety of 3D character, creature, and environmental keyframe animations with a developed sense of spacing and timing, exaggeration and stylisation. You would be adept at liaising with artists and developers across the various disciplines to produce high quality, characterful animation across locomotion, traversal, and combat. More details to follow...Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, develop and refine high quality 3D animations across creatures, human characters, locations.
- Work with Maya and our in-house animation tools to produce animation assets.
- Ensure the animation quality and style is maintained through all projects within your own and colleagues work via feedback.
- Work with Art Seniors to develop your own creative skill set.
- Continue to develop your technical, Maya skill set.
- Work closely with Content Developers to ensure animations are correctly implemented in the game engine.
- Work with Tools Developers to troubleshoot and improve existing in-house tools.
- Work with Technical Artists to troubleshoot and improve existing workflows.
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.