This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
This UK developer is rapidly growing with many high-end games in development across multiple genres including Narrative Adventure and Action Shooter titles. They are a team of professional, friendly developers who form a world class studio staffed with excited, passionate creators who love to collaborate across varied, inspiring, and challenging games.
They are seeking a talented Technical Character Artist to join development on their upcoming, hugely ambitious, next generation project.
- Work in partnership with the Art Director, Technical Art Director and Core Technology Team to create and maintain documentation standards and practices for tools, pipelines, and technical specifications
- Recognise and develop necessary art tool chains and documentation
- Build a positive and energetic team culture
- Bring your own experience of best working practices to the team
- Recognise shortfalls in skills and support ongoing recruitment efforts to grow the Technical Artist team
- Strong experience as a Character Technical Artist, or similar role, on at least one shipped PC or console title
- Strong Maya scripting skills (Python) with examples
- In-depth understanding of UE material graphs, profiling an advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of character/anisotropic shading setup (hair, skin, eyes, subsurface etc)
- Strong knowledge of character material integration (wrinkle maps, driven keys, etc)
- Great understanding of UE character pipeline (LOD setup, AnimGraph, blend spaces)
- Good UE Editor skills
- Expert knowledge of Maya
- People management, skills development, and mentoring experience
- Understanding of HLSL
- Understanding of updating render pipelines
- Animation and rigging skills
- Console development experience
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Remote working
- Employee Assistance Programme – Counselling
- Training & Development
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!