OPMs client is looking for an Experienced Environment Artist to join their growing team and create benchmark-quality assets and in-game environments, as well as ancillary tasks like lighting and VFX setup.
The successful candidate will have good problem-solving capabilities and a solid understanding of environment art pipelines.
- Deliver high-quality assets and materials.
- Keep up to date on best practices for environment art creation.
- Keep abreast of practices and peer products.
- Create and collaborate on all environment work, both in studio and outsourced.
- Create well written animation documentation where required.
- Work with Producers and the leads to ensure realistic timelines are provided.
- An interesting portfolio showcasing key skills in environment work with focus on landscape, vegetation and trees and their associated pipelines.
- Experience with procedural materials using substance suite, materialise or Quixel suite
- Proven experience in Maya, Substance, Photoshop and PBR workflows
- Established experience or equivalent qualification in game art with environment art as a speciality.
- Professional experience is preferred with at least one shipped title. Alternate industry experience such as film, tv or advertising is also appropriate.
- Comfortable presenting updates and pre-production work to the development team and leads.
- A passion for games with a good understanding of the games industry, development cycles and professional workflows
- Working experience in UE4, Unity and in-house game engines
- A keen in interest in research and a willingness to experiment.
- Have a good eye for lighting, cinematography and composition.
- Excellent memory management and time keeping skills.
- Have worked within an agile development methodology.
- Have worked remotely.
- 25 days annual leave plus discretionary 3 days extra for Christmas & National UK Bank Holidays
- Project completion bonus & Christmas bonus
- Travel card or parking ticket loan
- Flexible full-time and remote working options
- Company pension contribution (consistently above statutory level)
- Local Gym membership
- Flexitime: Core working hours of 10 am to 4pm
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214413!