One Player Mission’s client is looking for an experienced Lead Environment Artist, to manage, mobilise and mentor their teams.
The successful candidate will be critical in establishing the pipelines and processes for the Environment team as well as setting the quality bar for others to follow.
- Shipped at least one title as a Lead Environment Artist.
- Strong leadership and empathetic people management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A portfolio filled with recent examples of Environment work.
- A strong understanding of shape, form and composition.
- Proven abilities in optimised 3D asset creation.
- Solid experience of PBR workflows.
- Proficiency with industry standard modelling tools such as 3D Studio Max and Maya.
- Experience working with Photoshop, Substance Painter.
- Worked with industry standard asset tracking software such as Jira.
- Experience working within Unreal Engine 4+
- Skills with supporting software such as Zbrush and Substance Designer.
- A mixture of hard surface and foliage asset modelling skills.
- Work with Production to prioritise and plan the project’s Environment needs.
- Provide and sanity check task estimates and scope.
- Review the Environment team’s output, giving constructive feedback.
- Work with the Art Director to create high quality environments in keeping with the project’s visual direction.
- Set quality expectations and provide visual benchmarks.
- Coach, mentor and develop the team ensuring their growth as a unit and as individuals.
- Delegate and assign work to team members.
- Track tasks in Jira and other project tracking software.
- Work to highlight and mitigate any issues that put the project at risk.
- Collaborate with other sub-discipline Leads to ensure that the environments serve the wider needs of the project.
- Maintain a healthy creative team culture.
- Work your way, with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!