"To apply: Ref - 5269600. We are looking for a talented and experienced Lead Environment Artist to join a fantastic AAA European studio working on a massively popular AAA title in their Nordic studios.
As a Lead Environment Artist, you will work closely with the Art Director and Art Leadership team to build and maintain qualitative goals and artistic consistency for the environment art team, setting high visual standards and help defining project style and tone.
- Work closely with the project Art and Design direction to develop and provide consistent quality across all environment art, architecture and related models for world and narrative goals
- Collaborate with other Art Leads and Producers to coordinate Environment Art resources, establishing schedules and team priorities
- Lead, mentor and motivate environment artists as they develop and polish their work throughout the 3D pipeline
- Review integrated work, ensuring it is aligned with the artistic direction and can animate well
- Balance artistic aspects with technical constraints, maintaining quality and performance standards
- Carry out key department responsibilities that include hiring, training, appraising performance and resolving issues
- Build and maintain partner and client relationships, trust and communication
- Stay up to date on best practices to keep up with the latest next-gen industry standard
- Minimum 5 years commercial production experience in an Environment Art role
- Prior leadership experience
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 5 and production management tools
- Mastery of 3D art fundamentals of modelling, materials, textures, lighting, modularity, technical aspects and game limitations including related software packages
- Excellent communication, organization, mentorship, time management and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor/Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Keen interest in playing games and game development beyond art
To apply please send CV to Ayesha@ or phone 020 7580 6018 for a confidential chat (ideally over your cv / resume). We value close, personal relationships with our candidates and applications by this method tend to be more successful.