" Ref - 5224500. We are partnering with an established UK games company who have released multiple AAA titles. They are looking for an experienced Lead Game Designer to join their team and help establish and maintain their design practises.
• You will be responsible for several aspects of the game and lead a team of designers to deliver those aspects to high quality, on time, and in line with the creative vision of the game.
• You will produce and maintain documentation including the GDD and wiki pages, though you will largely communicate verbally; devoting time with each team member, ensuring they understand the vision and design and have what they need to do their jobs.
• You will take an active role in project planning, attending planning and review meetings and ensuring your team are adequately prepared so that meetings can run efficiently.
• You will hold regular 1-2-1 meetings with your direct reports, liaising with them on their career and professional development; as well as carrying out formal annual appraisals & goal setting.
• A broad knowledge of all aspects of game design with a deep understand of several areas of specialisation, such as game mechanics, level design, combat, balancing, progression, usability, social mechanics, games as a service, etc.
• Extensive experience of games development, and as a Lead shipped at least 2 action or action/adventure current gen console or PC titles.
• Leadership experience, including the running of a multi-person design team; people-management, mentoring, line-management.
If this role is of interest to you or you would like more information, please send me an email with your CV to Aklas@datascope.co.uk"