One Player Mission’s client, is seeking an experienced Lead VFX Artist, who will be responsible for leading the VFX team and work alongside Designers, other Artists, Programmers and Producers on a day-to-day basis, conceptualising and creating a wide range of visual effects for our clients games that achieve the production and quality goals set for the project.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within our clients highly talented and creative team on exciting AAA projects.
- Demonstrable people management experience
- Outstanding portfolio demonstrating VFX work.
- Demonstrable production experience as a VFX Artist in the games industry, preferably on console titles.
- Knowledge of game engines such as Unreal.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Good working knowledge and proficiency of a 3D application, preferably Maya.
- Strong Photoshop editing skills for creating texture effects for use with the particle systems.
- Advanced skills of software used in game development (e.g. UE4, Unity).
- In-depth knowledge of VFX principals and good sense of timing and staging.
- Understanding of Shaders and Rendering Pipeline as it relates to VFX.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Experience with a scripting language would be a big plus.
- Experience with fluid simulation tools (e.g. Fume FX) would be a plus.
- Highly self-motivated and show initiative.
- Ability and willingness to accept and follow direction and to collaborate productively with others.
- Exceptional eye for detail and drive for quality.
- Responsible for conceptualising and creating a wide range of visual effects for the game, compliant with game design and vision.
- Creation of high quality game and cutscene specific VFX using in-house editor and packages provided (Maya and Photoshop).
- Liaise with Gameplay Artists & Code with regards to placing and triggering gameplay-specific VFX.
- Feedback any risks or concerns of game designs impacting the schedule.
- Work with Art Director to ensure consistency between vision and implementation of effects.
- Working closely with other departments on effects heavy levels to balance frame-rate.
- Ensuring work/level hits all memory and frame rate guides/restrictions for all platforms required.
- Understanding that changes and amendments are part of the pipeline.
- Responsible to plan and prioritise assigned workload within given deadline.
- Attending meetings to note the VFX requirements in conjunction with Level Director
- Help to mentor other VFX artists and lead by example.
- Document and communicate clear technical guidelines for VFX creation and real-time implementation to the team.
- Resolve assortment of complex artistic/VFX development issues for other VFX artists.
- Work closely with the engine programmers to build future tools and improve pipelines and graphic potential.
- Actively develop and improve skill set by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, and learning new software packages.
- Undertake relevant on-the-job training where required.
- Other tasks as required
- Identifying and ensuring that all employee relation matters (including absence, performance and conduct) are dealt with in line with Company policies and procedures
- Ensuring adequate staffing levels to cover absence and throughout crunch periods.
- Assist in the recruitment of new employees.
- Carrying out local inductions and probationary reviews for all new starters to ensure competence in the full range of tasks they are required to undertake.
- Delegating work to employees and monitoring output.
- Regularly reviewing employee performance through appraisals and 1-2-1’s to ensure targets and expected behaviours are delivered.
- Providing / arranging any required on-the-job training and coaching.
- Exclusive events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415