Our client is a major Games Developer with multiple studios in the UK. They’re focused on creating fun console games using a world-famous IP.
As a Level Designer you will follow the direction of the lead level designer. Via regular reviews you will iterate on feedback from the lead level designer & other level designers, to reach the agreed quality bar.
- Demonstrable progressively complex experience on AAA titles, and with a title shipped in a level design position.
- A broad knowledge of aspects of game and level design with an understanding of layout, combat and encounter design, balancing, flow, difficulty, progression & usability. You should be able to describe approaches that create engaging and fun levels
- A passion for creating fun and accessible games for children and families.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written)
- Experience of scripting gameplay and levels ideally in Blueprint
- Experience of games development and shipped at least one action or action/adventure title on console or PC title.
- Ability to take direction and feedback well.
- Experience of UE4/ UE5 an advantage
- You will design and build high quality levels which support the vision and creative pillars of the game.
- You will follow the direction of the lead level designer. Via regular reviews you will iterate on feedback from the lead level designer & other level designers, to reach the agreed quality bar.
- You will closely collaborate with other disciplines, (gameplay coders, & environment artists), understanding their role and building a positive relationship to ensure that they are involved in the level design process.
- You will follow level design best practice, and ensure your work maintains stability & quality throughout development
- You will take part in level design reviews, and be willing to take feedback and produce solutions
- You will play the game regularly, providing feedback in a clear and constructive manner
- You will work with the production teams & lead level designer to verify that your task estimations are reasonable, communicating on progress and delivering your work to deadlines at quality.
- You will encourage a culture of professionalism, collaboration, and respect.
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension scheme & life assurance
- Health and wellbeing activities
- Social Events
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!