Project: AAA Games
OPM are looking for a highly talented 3D Character Artist to create interesting, diverse human characters and to help establish benchmarks & workflows for in-game character models. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented and ambitious artist to further their career at one of the UK’s largest games studios working on world class games and cutting edge technology.
- You have the skill and attention to detail to capture a character’s history and personality in your sculpts.
- You know what it takes to create vivid characters that still meet the needs of game design and animation.
- You can sculpt from reference materials, blueprints, concept art and photo-bash material.
- You will work closely with our Art Director, Designers, Tech Artists and Animators to set visual and technical benchmarks for in-game characters.
- You’ll develop outsource specifications for characters, then review and direct the quality of outsourced work so that standards are maintained.
- A high level of proficiency at sculpting, modelling, UV layout and texturing of characters
- Proficient with hair and fur creation with tools like Xgen, Ornatrix, TGhair or other plugins and Hair cards creation workflow
- Deep understanding of anatomy, form, volumes and shape
- Uncanny level of detail and polish visible in your portfolio
- Command of the complete character creation workflow from inspiring sculpt to AAA in game asset
- Experience working with technologies such as ZBrush, Maya and Mudbox
- Experience in creating clean topology for character surface deformation
- Documentation skills and the ability to communicate your processes to others
- An understanding of how human characters express themselves through their physicality, clothing, expression and personal style
- Awareness of current industry trends and techniques
- Understanding of the compromises and constraints inherent in the production of in game art
- knowledge and experience of Facial deformation and FACS based Blendshape setup
- Use of source control environments like Jira, Perforce etc..
- Experience in Substance Painter or similar tools for creating ingame PBR materials
- Expertise working on and developing in engine shaders
- Experience in Unreal 4 Editor
- An understanding of historical and contemporary fashion and style