PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Producer, External Development
Liverpool preferred, London also possible.
XDEV is part of the PlayStation Studios family with regional offices in UK, Japan and USA. We partner with talented independent game development studios to create exclusive PlayStation games. We provide our partners with full production support and access to PlayStation Studios global network of award winning technical, creative and support services. XDEV’s recent PlayStation 5 releases include: Returnal, Sackboy: A Big Adventure & Death Stranding: Director’s Cut.
XDEV Europe is headquartered in our recently opened 65,000 ft2 PlayStation offices located minutes from Liverpool’s city centre and iconic waterfront. Our state-of-the-art facility boasts a staff gym, cafeteria, collaborative breakout spaces and a rooftop terrace with views over the River Mersey.
We are looking for a talented and collaborative-minded Producer to join our XDEV Europe team in Liverpool. Ideally you have a diverse game development background with experience of cooperative or competitive multiplayer and service-based games.
You will work with our internal and external development partners, third-party suppliers and our colleagues across the wider PlayStation business to develop and publish AAA games for worldwide release. You will help to define the development path and schedule for the game as well as work to identify and resolve conflicts and issues that arise during development. Responsible for delivering the game on time and to budget, you will manage aspects of the day-to-day development while coordinating with internal stakeholders to support the game through the full production lifecycle and into post-launch.
Reporting to a Senior Producer, this is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Producer to join the PlayStation Studios family and work on an undisclosed PlayStation title.
Scope of Work
- Agree a realistic milestone plan with the developer with particular focus on deliverables, resourcing, budget and schedule
- Review each milestone as they delivered throughout production. Your familiarity with the game design and knowledge of similar or competitive games will allow you to provide the developer with insightful written feedback and direction necessary to achieve AAA quality targets
- Provide regular status updates for PlayStation leadership. Your deep knowledge of the production process will help you mark progress as well as identify risks and mitigation strategies that will minimise any impact to the production schedule
- Develop a strong working relationship with the development team. You will be encouraged to visit their studio, participate in regular on-site meetings and build a deep collaborative relationship with the game development team.
- Engage in day-to-day communication between the development team, XDEV, third-party suppliers and multiple PlayStation Studios support teams including QA, localisation and User Research
- Help ensure that XDEV finance and planning have an accurate picture of your game development costs by accurately tracking project costs including milestone payments, outsourcing and support costs against approved budgets
- Prepare test schedule and criteria for User Testing and willingness to attend play sessions
- Working in close partnership with PlayStation Studios QA, you will ensure the game meets the latest guidelines for PlayStation titles
- Participate in marketing strategies, giving input or preparing marketing and related assets/materials to promote the game
- Develop a deep understanding of PlayStation tools, technologies and production processes
- Evangelise XDEV awareness and best practices with global development teams and cross-regional partners
Desirable Qualities & Experience
- An open communicator, you are respectful of others and an active listener
- An innovator who is creative and curious. You have a thirst to understand and know more, and a desire to encourage this amongst those around you
- A collaborator who shares plans, you welcome the perspective of others
- Inclusive and self-aware, you are sensitive to how your actions can impact the team
- You are pro-active, can multi-task and prioritise your workload in a fast-paced environment
- You have project management experience gained in the video game industry including knowledge of agile production methods and tools
- You have a passion for game development with a deep understanding of core game mechanics and first-hand knowledge of what it takes to execute at a AAA quality level
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Microsoft PowerPoint
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.