We are working with a leading games studio who are looking for C++ Software Engineers of all levels from mid-level to Lead to help join their Procedural team and develop state-of-the-art procedural technologies. This role is a hands-on coding role, fully remote and is looking to pay up to £115k/€130k depending on experience. This is offered as a minimum 12-month contract with the opportunity to roll over.
What you will be doing:
- Report to the Engineering Manager and develop state-of-the-art procedural technologies.
- Work on procedural tools and workflows ranging from mesh processing to world editor and DCC integration.
- Stay up-to date with the latest technologies and trends.
- Build high-quality code and work with the game team to help improve and develop existing technologies.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure the quality and maintainability of code.
Who you are:
- At least 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Excellent C++ skills and knowledge, with a good understanding of C#
- Experience with designing maintainable, structured, and documented code.
- Experience with object-oriented design patterns and test-driven development.
- Understanding of multithreaded architectures and synchronization principles.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Great English written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Agile methodologies for software development.
- Experience Houdini, Maya SDKs or other DCC tools.
- Experience with geometry/mesh formats and processing.
- Highly competitive salary offered depending on experience.
- Fully remote working offered.
- Great benefits.
- Friendly and supportive work environment.
If interested, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com quoting the reference 2703.
Big Planet is an equal opps company, value diversity and do not discriminate. We are GDPR compliant.