Our client is a bringing a new mobile game combining cutting-edge technology with a focus on fashion. This exciting studio is now looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help build and maintain technology to support the team across the whole company. As part of your role, you will work closely within game development where you will use your programming expertise to help look for the different areas that need improving.
What will you do?
- Implement and design new systems, services, and features
- Provide services for user-facing elements developed by frontend developers
- Make quick and sound estimates and propose alternatives to save on implementation
- Write, implement, improve, and optimise bug free code
- Mentor and train junior members of the backend team
- Research new technologies and best practise
- Problem solves any bottlenecks
- Optimise the studios stack for scalability and performance
What Skills do I need?
- Server-side language e.g. Node/Typescript, Python, C#, Java, PHP
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or similar
- Relational databases e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL databases (e.g. DynamoDB, Couchbase) and caching technologies (e.g. Redis)
- Designing, implementing, and working with APIs and microservices
- Design patterns, architecture at scale, maintainability over time, data structures, robust API design, etc
- CI/CD processes and proficiency in the use of source control and solutions such as GIT
- Agile principles and methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- A big passion for games
- C# and Unity
- Maintaining integrating and scaling a product
- Implementation of 3rd parties SDKs (e.g Firebase, Facebook, etc )
- Industry-standard bug reporting software such as JIRA
A great collaborative and friendly team, making a great working environment. Alongside a competitive salary, private medical and life assurance, flexible hours, and good holiday as well as profit share.
To apply pls forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 2452.
Big Planet is an equal opps recruitment agency and GDPR compliant.