Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client are driven by their desire to provide their players with memorable and entertaining gameplay experiences. They build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers.
They are seeking an experienced Senior Build Engineer to take responsibility for maintaining the stability of the project builds across all target platforms and environments. .
- Experience with Jenkins, TeamCity, or similar CI/CD systems
- Strong understanding of SCCM tools such as Perforce, git or Subversion, and workflows such as branching, streams, integrations, etc.
- Experience with Maven, Gradle, or comparable build management tools
- Experience with at least one scripting language such as Python, Bash, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell.
- Experience working with Distributed Build Systems and Infrastructure such as SN-DBS, Incredibuild, FASTBuild, etc.
- Experience with a variety of programming languages such as C#, C++, Java
- Experience deploying to cloud compute and storage environments
- Experience in games development and experience of console build tool chains
- Experience writing and maintaining automation scripts
- Strong understanding of Linux, OSX and Windows Operating Systems
- Understanding of large-scale asset pipelines
- Responsible for the design and implementation of systems to automate building testing, deployment and release/certification of a given title.
- Identifying the cause of any build disruptions, and either resolving those problems directly or communicating with relevant stakeholders to help resolve those build issues.
- Responsible for applying updates to Build Environments (OS, Application, IDE, etc.).
- Coordinate with relevant Stakeholders to manage changes to Development, Test and Retail Environments.
- Maintaining Environments & Systems for existing projects, while developing strategies for improving and automating the build and test processes for existing and future projects.
- Develop and refine tests to improve the quality of the testing process.
- Proactively identifying gaps in end-to-end pipelines and proposing and implementing improvements.
- Author and present technical proposals for process improvements
- Mentor less experienced programmers.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Knowledge of VMWare or similar technologies
- Knowledge of application containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure, etc
- Knowledge of Compile-time and Link-time optimisation strategies
- Knowledge of Crash/Incident Reporting Systems
- Knowledge of Log Aggregation
- Knowledge of Retail/Production Telemetry & Metrics
- Annual Bonus
- Share Incentive Plan
- Competitive Pension
- Flexible Working
- 27 Days Holiday, including your birthday, a duvet day and Christmas
- Competitive Mat/Paternity & Adoption
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Relocation support to the UK
- Visa Sponsorship
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!