Want to work with a world class team that is committed to changing the face of the entertainment industry? Join us in building an environment where creatives of all backgrounds can thrive and bring unique and compelling stories to market.
Brass Lion Entertainment is seeking a Live Services and Progression Designer to join a talented and diverse team currently working on a new, unannounced Action-RPG title.
The right candidate for this position will work closely with the Design Director and the design team to create progression systems and economies that will drive the ongoing live services of our game. They possess an exceptional ability to communicate and demonstrate new ideas, share our passion for thinking differently about how games can look and feel, and will be responsible for designing and implementing the systems that will sustain the game as a live platform.
Brass Lion Entertainment has employees based on New York City, Montréal, and remote locations across Canada and the United States.
- Design progression systems, resource economies, and live features that will keep players engaged long-term in the game.
- Deeply research the live service space and communicate and champion opportunities that support the game vision.
- Serve as the studio-level expert on all things live service, educating other departments on how their work fits into the larger picture.
- Work with other designers and departments to incorporate their work into the live vision.
- Coordinate and manage the monetization aspects of the game, focusing on ethical practices while eschewing pay-to-win strategies and negative psychological practices.
- Implement, maintain, and tune these systems with a data-driven, user research-based approach.
- At least 5 years of game industry experience
- 2+ years of working on progression, economies, and/or monetization on a live service title
- The ability to reliably communicate and produce content in a self-disciplined remote work environment
- Knowledge of economic models, as well as tools and workflows for managing them
- Ability to visualize and explain economies and gameplay loops in easy-to-digest ways that the larger team can easily understand.
- A deep understanding of game development processes and methodologies.
- Authorized for work in the US or Canada.
- Education credits or degrees in economic systems.
- Experience designing live service systems from the ground up.
- Familiarity with the Unreal Engine.
- Competitive salary
- PTO, unlimited sick days and healthy work life balance
- Comprehensive health coverage
- Flexible Work-from-Home options
Hiring Update: Brass Lion is currently in a “work-from-home" model and we’ll be developing a remote/co-located team structure for all team members within the United States and Canada. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore all possible options.