This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console/PC Games
OPMs client is a well-established developer based ian Guildford, who are seeking a Senior Lighting Artist work on their latest studio title for the next gen.
The successful candidate will be experienced working on published console titles with a strong understanding of commercial industry tools.
They will join a dynamic team and work across multiple disciplines, with the focus on pushing the boundaries for quality and efficiency to create a genuine AAA experience.
- Extensive experience in lighting or technical art and other appropriate experience
- Experience on at least 1 game within the technical art discipline, ideally a AAA title
- Bachelor’s degree in art, design, technical discipline, or other appropriate training
- Experience using UE4 or comparable game engines
- Experience with industry standard art tools such as 3DS Max/Maya, Photoshop
- Experience with blueprints in UE4 is a bonus
- Photography experience shooting lighting reference, HDRI/IBL as required
- Support the Art Team with their technical needs linked to lighting, liaising with engineering
- Keep up to date on trends and methodologies in current and future graphics software
- Produce AAA quality lighting set-ups for various situations
- Optimise lighting content for memory and performance while preserving visual quality
- Be aware of potential risks to the project and bring it to the attention of management
- Collaboration with the team to decide on the best working practices
- Be the point of contact for the team, developing solutions to complex issues that occur
- Offer feedback and advise team members on the project
- Collaborate with tech art and graphics engineers on materials/shaders, shadows, anti-aliasing, and other image quality issues
- Support the Art Director, Technical Director and Lead Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties
DESIRED SKILLS (nice to have):
- Experience in creating skyboxes and volumetric clouds
- Leadership experience
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 21 44 12!