Education is about the future: how do we make the future better than the present, how do we preserve the advances we have made so far, and how do we continue to expand the frontiers of human knowledge and capability?
The highest leverage tactic is to focus on childhood education. That’s what we’re doing at Synthesis. Specifically, our mission is to cultivate a generation of supercollaborators: individuals with the capability to solve the most challenging problems of our civilization…together. We offer kids 8-14 the regular opportunity to practice what schools prevent: making consequential decisions, growing through reflection and course corrections, collaborating intensely with peers from around the world, and connecting powerful concepts with real-life application. School is largely a static and single-player experience, while the world demands a dynamic and extensively team-based approach. Consequently, we create team thinking games that are original, unapologetically complex, and designed to surface many kinds of collaboration – only playable within Synthesis.
We are looking for an experienced Product Lead with the ability to bring this platform to its full potential and refine every aspect of the Synthesis experience. In this role, working closely with our VP Product, cofounders Josh & Chrisman, you will own and build the next phase of Synthesis with a cross-functional team, along with mentoring our more junior Product Managers.
We are teaching the world’s most valuable skill: the ability to solve complex problems with a team. Our goal is to make an education experience so great that even billionaires couldn’t buy anything better for their kids, and then make that affordable for as many people as possible. Join us.
- 5+ years of experience shipping games, apps, or software in a Product Management role
- Appetite to make bold bets, and the execution skills to de-risk them.
- Relentless drive to improve the product, the team, and yourself through continuous experimentation and feedback loops.
- Strong product intuition and quantitative skills.
- Thrive in resource-constrained environments.
- Move faster than is comfortable — an instigator.
- Articulate storyteller and presenter, both written and verbal.
- A personal interest in video games.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation (benchmarked to California regardless of location)
- Meaningful equity (including optional early exercise)
- 100% covered health insurance for you & your dependents (including medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- One-on-one tax advice: To make the most of our competitive equity-based compensation, Synthesis offers Carta Equity and Tax which includes education on the equity portion of your compensation, scenario modeling, and one-on-one tax advice
- Flexible time off
- Flexible parental leave
Some benefits (such as medical and 401k) apply to US employees only.