Important note: To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview. Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect. So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Working closely with the internal development teams and publishing services you will be an expert in identifying and defining the requirements to drive growth across the mobile product KPIs. You will provide the team with strategic direction using your knowledge of the competitive mobile landscape and provide retrospective analysis and insights to communicate success and drive further product iterations. You will have proven experience setting and delivering against commercial forecast and goals, as well as reporting at a leadership levelKey Duties
- To actively contribute to the long-term vision for RuneScape and champion Jagex’s values and mission through its product strategy
- To oversee product roadmaps and growth inititatives to ensure all stages of the player lifecycle are fully optimized and maximize customer lifetime value
- To provide clear specifications, pricing and product information for In App Purchase SKUs, DLCs and other content, uploading and launching on Google Play, the Apple App Store, and other platforms as needed
- To help set goals and success criteria for the RuneScape product, monitoring and communicating progress toward monthly KPI targets and annual business goals
- To work with product development teams to ensure features and updates are implemented with the optimal user experience and in compliance with platform holders
- To provide production and marketing teams with clear product requirements and project briefs
- To work with business intelligence teams to provide supporting data analysis for new features and incremental improvements, understanding how product changes might impact key metrics and the game’s community
- To thoroughly understand RuneScape player needs and remain in tune with the community
- To maintain a thorough understanding of product management trends, techniques and best practices using this knowledge to steer product development
- To actively seek out new opportunities to drive product performance whilst maintaining alignment with business objectives and long-term plans
- Exceptional analytical skills and experience building game economies, financial models and defining data needs.
- Uses experience to connect high level thinking to detailed/low level implementation
- Stays up to date on industry trends and thinking
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage simultaneous high priority tasks successfully.
- Demonstrate a successful product management track record within the games industry
- Proven ability to deliver data driven decisions and apply key insights based on game knowledge to drive product requirements and solutions.
- Ability to bring structure & innovative solutions to abstract problems
- Excellent at distilling information concisely and effectively to senior stakeholders
- A passion for online gaming and knowledge of MMORPG market
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.