Our client is a AAA games studio looking for a Senior Technical Designer to help work on their amazing first-person shooter multiplayer games. As part of your role, you will be working closely with the design team, contributing to the overall game design.
What you will be doing?
- Work closely with the Design and Engineering team to help design, prototype, create and support systems within the game
- Work with Unreal Engine to implement and maintain blueprints and data for an ever-growing online game
- Mentor and manage other designers if necessary, including identifying designers to work on features, levels, or products within the studio. You will regularly be part of peer-reviews
- Support the programming team by assisting in debugging and optimization or undertaking light programming work
- You will regularly communicate out progress against quality’s cope and game vision alignment expectations
- Regularly present the areas of the game you are responsible for the studio
- Where necessary you will speak to the media and prepare key product messaging for the media
Who you are?
- Industry experience and 1 shipped AAA current gen console or PC title that featured a multiplayer component, worked on beginning to end
- A strong understanding of design tool frameworks, and how both script and visual script co-exist
- Experience of prototyping gameplay mechanics using UE4, Unity or similar
- Great problem-solving skills
- A true passion for games and a love for gaming in general
- Experience of people-management, mentoring, line-management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with source-control applications (SVN, Perforce, AlienBrian, etc)
This studio offers a friendly and comfortable working environment. A great work-life balance with a comprehensive benefits package offered focusing on the wellbeing of you and your family.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference 2324
We are an equal opportunities company, value diversity and do not discriminate. We are GDPR compliant.