Senior Technical Environment Artist - Guildford, Surrey - Hybrid
Senior Technical Environment Artist
22cans is an independent games development studio with a passion for making award winning, innovative and delightful games. We are a highly flexible team with a great track record made up of industry veterans, experienced devs and great new talent. We are seeking ambitious people who are eager to embrace a highly creative and explorative development environment and help us realise our vision and reach huge audiences around the world. Come and join our team and make your mark on the journey to making the best possible games!
As part of the art team you will work closely with the Art Director, Art Lead and Tech Lead to design and author the game environment / game world.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with Art Direction, Design and Code to help form and realise the studio’s vision for the title.
- Creating environment and other art assets from scratch to develop the concept art, game environments, props, game objects and overall game world.
- Organising and maintaining environment art content and giving feedback to the team.
- Developing Environment assets and material production pipelines.
- Authoring of materials.
Skills and Knowledge:
- At least 3+ years of experience working in games, films, VFX as an environment artist or technical generalist.
- Good 3D modelling, environment asset texturing skills and techniques. ( props, environment assets )
- Substance designer and substance painter experience.
- Professional experience and good knowledge of working with Maya and knowledge of its modelling tools.
- In depth knowledge of shader graph and node based shader creation techniques and ability to author stylised materials.
- Knowledge of in game lighting and post processing tools.
- Good knowledge of general pipelines for world building, kit bashing and other related elements. ( i.e. : terrain generation, vegetation )
- Provide detailed input about the world creation process, from modelling, texturing to lighting.
- Knowledge of procedural workflows.
- Great general artistry, Maya and Photoshop competence.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with Unity's HDRP.
- Knowledge of HLSL and GLSL.
- Experience in C#.
This is a hybrid role with at least two days a week in our studio in Guildford, Surrey, and three days working from home.
If this sounds like you send through your CV/Portfolio to email@example.com, we would love to hear from you!
22cans is an equal opportunities employer hoping to attract applications from diverse backgrounds. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria and candidates will be chosen on their merits and abilities.