This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
As an important member of the art team, you’ll work closely with creative leadership to help build a brand-new AAA interface and to fundamentally shape the overall visual identity of the final product. From day-to-day, you’ll be involved in everything from planning and prototyping features to the concept and implementation of in-game assets. You’ll participate in regular show-and-tell sessions where you’ll pitch and present ideas to the team and collaborate to build an exceptional UI experience for our players.
The ideal candidate is an expert graphic designer with an obvious passion for UI and games development. You should be a champion for your discipline and thrive in a highly collaborative environment where all opinions matter. You should be comfortable providing and seeking out feedback from your peers on a regular basis and always be striving to learn and hone your craft, regardless of your level. You’re a driven and ambitious self-starter that’s a great team player, able to easily switch gears based on the requirements of the project.
This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to join a growing new team of industry veterans and make your mark on something special right from start. If this all sounds awesome to you, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
- A proven track-record in developing exceptional UI experiences for console and/or PC from start to finish.
- Strong foundational graphic design skills (colour theory, composition, typography etc).
- A passion for great UX design and accessibility in games.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A willingness to pick-up and learn our in-house tech and tools.
- An obsessive eye for detail.
- A strong passion for both playing and developing games.
- A good working knowledge of 2D animation and motion design.
- The ability to relocate and work full-time on site here at Playground Games.
- An up-to-date CV and portfolio.
- The willingness to complete a test if required.
- Traditional illustration skills.
- Experience in mentoring and fostering creativity in other growing artists.
- Great interpersonal skills.