Job Type: Permanent
Project: AAA Games
Our client creates world-class entertainment experiences. A career at their studio is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in the games industry. You will be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive team environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are on the lookout for an experienced Technical Animator who possess a passion to help develop and support the future generation of games. This is a full-time permanent position based out of a unique game development studio in the heart of London.
- A relevant degree or professional experience in the game industry as a Technical Animator or similar/related position.
- In the absence of the above; videos or an online portfolio with relevant examples of your work will be required so they can assess your skill set.
- Strong coding/scripting skills with OOP knowledge.
- Ability to write tools within DCC packages or standalone.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think outside the box.
- Comfortable coding in an IDE and debugging.
- Understanding of using DCC packages for authoring Animation for games.
- Create tools within MotionBuilder/Maya (in Python/QT) to support and push forward workflows across the various disciplines of Animation.
- Write standalone tools/systems (in Python and/or C#) and integrate them with the Animation pipeline.
- Work with Runtime and Animation teams to push engine features forward to keep the Animation systems at the very cutting edge.
- Assist the Rigging team in creation of highly advanced facial/character/weapon/vehicle rigs and related tooling.
- Write C++ plugins to customise and extend DCC packages as required for bespoke needs.
- Write new Automation tasks to support ever expanding and varied Animation requirements across multiple projects.
- Create tools/scripts to support Animation production/tracking (integrating with inhouse systems and 3rd party solutions such a Shotgun).
- VISA sponsorship and Relocation support if required
- Experience working at the top of AAA games development on world famous IP’s
- Highly competitive salaries for the region
- And more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!