Location: REMOTE OR Midlands, UK
Project: New Multiplayer Action Game IP
Our client is currently part of a group of studios working on multiple AAA projects with some of the biggest names in the games industry.
Work has recently begun on a new Multiplayer Action Game IP with innovative gameplay mechanics that will stand them out of the crowd. It’s an exciting time to join right at the beginning of production. You’ll help develop the tools to enhance and push the technology used in animation.
- Portfolio demonstrating your animation rigs and tool development for games
- Expertise with 3d animation packages such as Maya, with a technical focus on rigging, skinning, and tools scripting
- Great knowledge and experience of rigging methods and deformation in Maya and Unreal, related to video game rigs
- Able to code with Python or PyMel. Creating tools and scripts to increase productivity of the art team or other asset creators
- Familiarity helping to maintain animations in Unreal Engine 4 (or other game engines)
- Solid understanding of Unreal’s runtime animation systems such as state-machines and animation blueprints
- Strong understanding of Character deformation techniques and dynamics. Be it cloth, bones, blend shapes or displacement maps
- Good understanding of facial animation methodologies would be ideal
- Work alongside the animation and engineering teams to devise solutions and workflows for the animation team
- Create rigs for animators and high-fidelity deformation for assets
- Develop tools to support character and animation production
- Be responsible for the studios motion pipeline, creating custom rigs and optimising workflows with scripters
- Understanding of the Maya API and lower-level programming languages such as C++
- Production background developing a AAA quality game
- Knowledge of Facial Capture technology and Facial Analysis software
- Relocation support and VISA Sponsorship
- Remote work options
- Annual bonus
- Flexible working
- 27 days holiday
- And Much More!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!