Project: Video Games
Note: A VISA cannot be sponsored for this position
Applicants that wish to apply remotely must be in UK/EU time zones.
Our client is a growing Animation Studio providing outstanding animation services to the games and interactive entertainment industries. They have fast made a name for themselves and have contributed to many video games including work on major IP’s.
As a Technical Animator you will support the studios animators on a day-to-day basis. You will be expected to troubleshoot and solve issues independently as well as working closely with their team.
- Experience as a Technical Animator or similar: Technical Artist, Character TD, Rigging TD…
- Understanding of game development workflows, within rigging and animation
- Expertise in Autodesk Maya and experience using its rigging / skinning tools
- Great foundation and understanding of rigging at an experienced or advanced level
- Background working with and/or creating animation tools and scripts (Python, MEL, Pymel)
- Ability to create rigs for characters and props for various styles (realistic, cartoony) using knowledge of anatomy for humanoid and animals
- Familiarity rigging faces using joints, blendshapes, FACS etc.
- Working knowledge of creating assets for game engines including Unreal and Unity.
- Work in engine to provide animation solutions, for example: runtime IK, dynamic joints, custom retargeting etc.
- Create both Engine and Maya based tools to solve/speed up productions.
- Producing bespoke game ready rigs, skinning, PSD, Blendshapes etc Familiarity with Advanced Skeleton a bonus.
- Ability to evaluate rigs/skeletons from existing productions and ingest into their workflow.
- Zero Crunch.
- Wide Variety of Projects.
- Competitive salary.
- 20 days paid holiday + 1 per year up to 24 and bank holidays on top!
- Flexible working hours.
- Pension Scheme.
- Small team environment.
- Relocation bonus if required.
Interested in finding out more about the studio, project and benefits of working at this studio? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!