Job Type: Permanent OR Contract Options 6-12 months
Project: Visual Effects Studio
Our client is a well-known visual effects company based in London seeking an experienced Unreal Engine Technical Animator to join their team.
You will work towards the goal of delivering high-quality products and projects for both IP and brand clients across a range of mediums on cutting edge hardware, VR, AR, real-time animation, virtual production, and other exciting platforms.
- A good understanding of Unreal Engine, including rig authoring, real-time performance constraints and asset animation
- A background in animation with experience of rigging and animation pipelines
- Experience with animation blueprints
- Experience with engine state machines
- Evidence of a strong understanding in Python
- An understanding of the content creation pipeline in Unreal and/or VFX
- Knowledge of animation features of modern game engines
- Basic knowledge of anatomy for bipeds and quadrupeds, skeletons and muscles
- A good understanding of constraints and deformers, how they work and their limitations
- An understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, texture and form
- Implement animation systems in Unreal Engine
- Develop tools in collaboration with Pipeline & Rigging that will allow Animators to leverage their skills in engine
- Troubleshoot and solve animation issues with all departments; real-time, animation, rigging & pipeline
- Optimise work to stay within the technical restraints while maintaining artistic vision
- Develop and maintain clear documentation
- Maintain a relationship with the Technical Animation team for Film
- Working knowledge of C++
- Experience with performance capture: rig hookups, offset rigs, re-targeting etc.
- Experience with implementing FACS
- Experience creating content for XR
- Experience animating different character/asset types for games or interactive projects
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!