A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
As Upload Manager, you are a key member of the game’s live ops team. You'll be working with our talented and passionate Old School RuneScape team, managing the execution and delivery of compelling weekly game updates for our players. Day to day, you will be responsible for coordinating the efforts of a wide variety of key staff from cross-functional disciplines including Game Development, Publishing Platform, Game Tech and QA to ensure the successful launch of game updates to Jagex’s most popular MMORPG. You will diligently and successfully transfer content and associated assets from the test to the live servers and manage changes to procedures, as well as develop systems to improve the proficiency and effectiveness of the delivery of game updates. You will be quality-focused and detail orientated, leading by example and developing trust and respect amongst the team as a key contributor to improving our live ops release processes on a continuous basis. Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage the release process to ensure safe and reliable game updates and maintain a high bar for the quality of product releases.
- Strive for continuous improvements to the build pipeline and release processes, adding automation where appropriate and building tools to simplify and de-risk the weekly release cycle.
- Manage complex processes in a rapidly changing environment. Be the first to encounter changes in the studio’s technical environments and quickly adapt and respond to varied challenges and deliver effective solutions.
- For each release launch, you will be responsible for building the ‘release candidate’ version, taking the lead on resolving defects identified, coordinating the deployment of the update while liaising with stakeholders and cross-functional teams, then organising post-launch changes and Perforce repository administration.
- Ensure the accurate and concise passage of information between stakeholders in Jagex’s update and release processes, including briefing the Producers and Game Team Leadership as required to make effective decisions.
- Take the lead in coordinating the response to unexpected and critical issues, enacting solutions, and liaising with stakeholders to formulate plans, and must be able to do this in a positive and professional manner.
- Customer and service quality focused, sharing the team’s values and their commitment to putting the customer experience first.
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Monthly Energy Allowance- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.