Game Designer (FPS Specialist)
Games Jobs - Game Design - Manchester
|Job Title||Game Designer (FPS Specialist)|
|Job Category||Games Designer|
|Job Description||Fancy working on one of the most anticipated and ambitious games projects currently in development?
This is an excellent opportunity to work on one of the games industries most technically advanced projects with a team who are pushing the limits of what many people consider possible.
• The Live team is responsible for updates and maintenance of the live product and the content for occasional demos.
• The work of a Live designer can be extremely varied as the responsibilities span large parts of the game. From inception to implementation of things such as: missions, game modes, game mechanics, user experience, balancing and much more.
• The Live product usually receives new technology at a first implementation stage, therefore we can help guide its development and are expected to work closely with the engineers and system designers to ensure its ease of use.
• A Live designer must be vocal in ensuring the needs of the player are not overlooked and maintain a finger on the pulse of the community.
• The design, creation, ownership and championing of features, mechanics, missions, maps, game modes, systems, etc as necessary.
• Working closely with the Engineering and System Design to improve AI, gameplay, mechanics, tools, etc.
• Working with Environment Art and Level Design to ensure a perfect balance between gameplay setup and visual direction.
• Working with Narrative to build engaging stories for mission and locations.
• Maintaining strong relationships with other departments and projecting a professional face of the Live team.
• Be the Live department’s go-to person for FPS-oriented locations.
• Creation, maintenance and improvement of multiplayer game modes.
• Knowledge and prior experience with scripting or coding languages.
• Minimum of 3 years of game industry experience in design role.
• Previous experience on a AAA multiplayer game.
• Strong communicator, both oral and written.
• Previous experience of level design on a AAA multiplayer FPS.
• A passion for creating FPS maps.
If the above sounds like it could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for then get in touch. For a casual chat about the role in more detail call me on 01925 839 722 or drop me an email on email@example.com
|Salary||Excellent salary and benefits DoE|
|Job Category||Game Design|
|More||View other Amiqus Games jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Amiqus Games using their internal reference 6750.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|