||This studio is a leading AAA family friendly game studio and are looking for a Senior VFX Artist to join their team to work on their pillar titles. This post is situated in the North-West of England.
What will you be doing?
- Conceptualising and creating visual effects for the game, aligned with game design and vision.
- Creating cutscene specific VFX using Maya and Photoshop.
- Liaise with Construction Artists & Code to place and trigger gameplay-specific VFX.
- Provide feedback regarding any game designs which may impact the schedule.
- Ensure consistency between the game vision and implementation of effects when working alongside VFX Lead and Art Director
- Working closely with other departments on effects heavy levels to balance frame-rate.
- Ensure all memory and frame rate guides are met for all platforms
- Plan and prioritise assigned workload.
- Attending meetings with the Level Director, noting all VFX requirements.
- Mentor other VFX artists and aid in resolving complex artistic/VFX development
- Document and communicate to the team technical guidelines for creation and real-time implementation of VFX.
- Alongside the VFX Lead and engine programmers, build future tools and improve pipelines and graphic potential.
- Stay aware of trends and techniques from the industry, evaluate competitive products, and learn new software packages.
- Participate in necessary relevant training.
Who you are
- Portfolio demonstrating VFX work.
- Production experience as a VFX Artist in the games industry, console titles preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and time management skills.
- Photoshop editing skills to create texture effects for the particle systems.
- Software skills such as UE4, Unity...
- Shaders and Rendering Pipeline.
- Technical and creative problem-solving.
- Scripting language a bonus
- Knowledge of Maya and simulation tools e.g. FumeFX a bonus
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Attention to detail
This company offers a competitive salary in a friendly and comfortable working environment, as well as a fantastic bonus and pension scheme.
Please email me your CV as a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference 1124.
We are an equal opps recruitment agency, value diversity and do not discriminate. We are GDPR complaint.