We are looking for a talented AI Programmer to join our team on our Total War Franchise at our studio based in Horsham, West Sussex.
Reporting to the AI Technical Director, you will be work collaboratively with a diverse group of programmers, designers, and QA technicians to create efficient and effective AI solutions. This will involve tackling the complex challenges presented in Total War’s real-time Battle simulation, and so to help deliver a challenging, immerse and fun gameplay experience to our players.
As an AI Programmer you will help develop code for behavioural elements of the Total War AI systems.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Collaborate with the design team to help define project requirements
- Help support existing AI systems through incremental improvement, feature updates and debugging
- Create new AI systems in response to project requirements
- Familiarise yourself with the sizeable codebase as well as contributing to a roadmap of future AI systems evolution
- Participate in code reviews and create and maintain relevant documentation
- Engage in ongoing learning and skill sharing.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Good C++ programming skills and knowledge of more recent language features
- Previous development experience
- Interest in AI and games
- Strong academic background in a numeric discipline or relevant prior development experience
- Comfortable working in a collaborative, diverse and multi-disciplinary environment
- An ability to focus on working independently when needed
- Creative problem solving
- Experience developing AI or related systems in games, research or other settings
- Experience in game development
- Broad gaming experience and a sense for good game design
- An appreciation of games, and Creative Assembly titles, is an advantage
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio, as we push the boundaries in creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedication motion capture facility. We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 and are developing more flexible ways of working for the future. Right now, we are actively recruiting and onboarding staff with our expert IT and HR teams setting you up for success remotely, whether you’re relocating now or will be in the future.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- We are developing more flexible ways of working to give everyone at CA the balance and space they need. We also offer enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.