One Player Mission are excited to be working with one of the largest VR developers in the world. Their Amsterdam studio continues production of its most ambitious project to date, a true multi-platform VR action shooter based on a global franchise.
They are looking to recruit an AI Programmer as their Amsterdam studio is in full production of its most ambitious project to date, a true multi-platform high-end VR action shooter based on a global franchise
- Work on the AI of their games using decisions trees within Unreal and/or any other AI systems required to create the fun and engagement that the designers are looking for.
- Work close together with the creative team to deliver features and improve workflows, functionality, and interfaces.
- Take ownership of the AI work, working closely together with the tech leads to make it fit the complete codebase and working closely together with the designers to identify the technical constraints based on their creative guidance.
- Help develop, expand, maintain, and support the AI systems, tools, and AI related gameplay elements.
- Use your knowledge of C++, object orientation, design patterns, algorithms, and data structures to create solid technical designs and efficient implementations for the required animation work.
- Constantly take performance into account so the games and experiences can keep running at a smooth 72+ FPS, even when rendering to both eyes and using the latest and greatest mobile hardware to do so.
- Analyze problems and debug them to quickly locate and fix challenging bugs.
- Experience with real-time AI systems, such as decision trees to create challenging and engaging enemies for shooter games or similar.
- You have written several games in C++ and have a proper understanding of all the basic concepts of the language such as object vs data oriented, approach, inheritance vs composition, pointers vs references, encapsulation, data structures and their performance characteristics.
- Created at least 1 project using the Unreal Engine, providing you with a good basic understanding on creating blueprints, optimizing code through usage of C++ and the Unreal pipeline.
- You have interest in AI technology, passion for character-based games and good knowledge on AI solutions.
- You are technical and collaborative.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 426!