Creative Assembly are looking for an Associate User Researcher to join our team based at our studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
Your role will be to help our development teams create world class games by providing reliable and actionable feedback on game functionality and usability via user research on consumers. You will be part of the User Research central team, working with various development teams and reporting to the Lead User Researcher.
You will be key in helping development teams create world class games, by providing reliable and actionable feedback, on game usability and sentiment/experience from players.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Receive mentoring for the first 6 months on UX Research methodology via practical experience running tests alongside a senior researcher
- You will help plan and execute a range of UX Research tests to support the design, development, and improvement of CA & SEGA products alongside other User Researchers
- Analyse data from the tests, write up reports and summarise issues for developers and other stakeholders
- Contribute towards best practices and help to define the long-term User Research roadmap for the department
The types of studies we conduct include usability testing, to discover problems with UI and systems interactions, experience research to gauge user's sentiment towards the games, expert analysis to review the presentation, and interaction of game systems, as well as other methods like prototype testing, surveys and so on.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A degree in Human-Computer Interaction or Psychology or a related discipline like Interaction Design to a degree level. Alternatively, a minor amount of experience in User Research (professional or otherwise)
- A passion for video games, as well as a good understanding of video games, genres, and key video game concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities
- Previous experience of moderating tests
- Knowledge of statistics
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio, as we push the boundaries in creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedication motion capture facility. We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 and are developing more flexible ways of working for the future. Right now, we are actively recruiting and onboarding staff with our expert IT and HR teams setting you up for success remotely, whether you’re relocating now or will be in the future.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- We are developing more flexible ways of working to give everyone at CA the balance and space they need. We also offer enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.