This is a major opportunity for a senior brand marketing professional to make a significant, and tangible, impact on the future of a major new franchise. Working as a key part of the project’s senior leadership team, this role will be based at our new studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
The role is embedded within a CA development team and integrated closely with SEGA publishing teams, whilst overseeing, leading, and growing a talented team responsible for our outbound marketing activities and global brand strategy.
For this role, you will be a creative and strategic thinker, with a proven track record of success in a similar position, and the confidence necessary, to define and shape the brand marketing and positioning strategy, for a development project that will form a new 10 year plus franchise pillar for the studio.
On the most significant new title CA has ever released, you will work daily with the development team to help define the product and brand strategy, and it’s ‘go to’ market plan with the support of your Head of Brand. Your view will be of the overall franchise, and your scope will include the longest possible planning horizon, considering how and where our new product line should progress.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Spearhead our new franchise title as part of the senior leadership team on the project. Involved throughout its release and extended lifecycle, and as such will have considerable brand input in on-going game design functionality
- Direct your strategic vision for the title’s marketing campaign and align with our wider studio strategic aims in co-operation with the Chief Product Officer, and Senior Management Group
- Develop close working relationships within the wider Brand team, the Studio, and teams within the larger SEGA corporate structure
- Lead the brand vision for the franchise; with the aid of your Brand team and the Game team, being responsible for the direction of the creative and commercial public presentation of the title to market
- Compiling and analysing regular reporting on the sales and promotional performance of your title, offering informed criticism and recommendations for future product strategy to the Studio, Business Analyst and ESD teams
- Play a pivotal role in contributing to licensor and partner relationships, whilst contributing to identifying, and gaining, third party partnerships and developing long term strategies for both
- Lead, develop and mentor the dedicated project Brand team Forming personal development plans for your direct reports; identifying training needs and exercising excellent and supportive person-management skills
- Bring significant and extensive senior experience to the project. Contributing a wealth of specialist skills and experienced viewpoints from a diverse background and progressive career
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Previous experience of triple-A brand/product ownership and product launches
- Experience with persistent or Games-as-a-service titles
- Previous experience building or managing specialist or cross-functional marketing teams
- Demonstrable experience of current online marketing standards and practices
- A motivated self-starter with experience of authoring creative marketing plans
- Current and on-going knowledge of competitor products and campaigns within the industry and wider entertainment space
- Excellent project direction skills
- Superb relationship building and communication skills
- High-level verbal and presentation skills, to all sizes of audience
- Experience working collaboratively with development or similar creative product teams
- Willingness to travel when necessary, including spending ad-hoc days at SEGA’s Brentford HQ
- Related industry experience outside of games
- General marketing and branding skills sets including good knowledge of creative production processes, media planning and buying and consumer research
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio, as we push the boundaries in creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedication motion capture facility. We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 and are developing more flexible ways of working for the future. Right now, we are actively recruiting and onboarding staff with our expert IT and HR teams setting you up for success remotely, whether you’re relocating now or will be in the future.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- We are developing more flexible ways of working to give everyone at CA the balance and space they need. We also offer enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.