A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Jagex has begun exciting new projects that leverage our legendary RuneScape IP in creative ways. We are expanding a project team with expertise in the latest technologies, focused around Unreal Engine 5, to create a highly-skilled, player-focused development group that you could join. A core team based in Cambridge, augmented by members distributed globally, form a friendly, talented bunch keen to invite new members.
Apply your passion for creating unforgettable online games and drive technology development to help us fulfil our vision for a deep, community-driven, connected, multi-platform Open World Survival Craft experience, set in the RuneScape universe.
Apply your passion for creating unforgettable online games and support the developers, enabling an ambitious team to create a deeply connected experience. Collaborate with peers and the production team to innovate and focus the development of an exciting new gaming experience. Maintain build and infrastructure to their maximum efficiency. Embrace Infrastructure as Code.Key Duties Include:
- Develop and maintain CI/CD infrastructure.
- Maintain build stability.
- Keep up to date with UE5 build systems and practices.
- Ensure the development team are optimally building the game locally.
- Experience with build pipelines, CI/CD and infrastructure for video games.
- Experience in Perforce and TeamCity/Jenkins.
- The people skill required to become a pivotal element of the development team.
- Ability to communicate and document work.
- Ability to take initiative and organise independently.
- Knowledge of a coding language (C#, cpp, python, etc).
- Knowledge of AWS.
- Knowledge of CI/CD for Unreal Engine.
- Knowledge of any of: Kotlin, UGS, Unreal, C++, web development, steam.
- Knowledge of IaC and Configuration as Code.
- Console development experience.
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.