Maze Theory is an independent games development studio founded by a team of games industry veterans. At our core we are a company of storytellers. We are headquartered in London, but working mostly remotely. (this role can be wholly remote with travel)
Maze Theory is on a mission to conquer the world of virtual reality and push the boundaries of the imagination to create entertainment experiences that will engage the senses. As a studio, we draw on vast experience in animation, games development, film production and storytelling to produce and market renowned VR games.
To tell better stories and create inclusive experiences we welcome everyone, especially from under-represented people in our industry whose stories aren’t told often enough. At Maze Theory your race, colour, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, mental health, pregnancy, marital status or your family status, are all aspects of who you are, and they deserve our consideration and recognition.
While Maze Theory is a diverse and eclectic bunch of people, we subscribe to some core business values. If you feel you can get behind these, please apply (if you don’t then you shouldn’t):
We are optimistic & brave
We are honest & open
We take ownership & responsibility
As Maze Theory expands storytelling beyond the boundaries of VR and into other gaming formats on PC, console and mobile, we are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager.
This position is perfect for an engaging, personable, enthusiastic, and results-orientated individual, with an eye for detail. The ideal person will be highly motivated with the capability to lead generate and execute suitable growth opportunities for Maze Theory.
Additionally, Business Development manager will play a strategic key role within the leadership team for Maze Theory, working with functional leads to balance pipeline opportunities with overall portfolio management.
• Work with Chief Commercial Officer and the executive leadership team to Identify and execute IP, game development and M&A opportunities that are aligned with agreed company goals and targets
• Lead generation, gather intelligence on industry, competitors and market trends from public and network resources.
• Execute business negotiations and contract process; collaborate with Finance, Development and Publishing colleagues to achieve success.
• Provide weekly reporting on the status of current opportunities and new lead generation, competitor performance and market trends.
• Own and manage relationships with partners, defining short and long-term objectives and new opportunities
• Work with Finance and business analytics team to evaluate and build business case for new projects
• Own the new business pipeline and contact management administration
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• 3+ years’ experience in the gaming industry, at least 2 years working in business development or strategic investment role
• Extensive and meaningful network with key partners in Europe and globally
• Proven ability to identify early opportunities and drive decision-making process across functional teams, lead and execute license or investment deals
• Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
• Proven quantitative skills and financial modelling experience
• A convincing presenter with excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• BA/BS degree and a working knowledge of business-related fields required
• Must be able to accept frequent European and international travel
• Passion and genuine interest in gaming
• Additional languages are a plus, but not required
• Competitive salary £45000 + bonus scheme (£95K OTE)
• NFT & token yield scheme
• Unlimited holidays
• Pension scheme
• Bonus and share ownership scheme
• Monthly workplace wellbeing benefit scheme
• Regular team social events & studio summits
• Working alongside a friendly and flexible team, remote working Studio
• Opportunity to work on the future of immersive storytelling and big-name IPs