Creative Assembly is looking for a Communications Manager to join the corporate communications team at our studio based in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
As Communications Manager for the studio, you will oversee and drive forward the day-to-day PR, events, and social media function for the corporate side of the business. You will seek every opportunity to best represent and uplift the CA brand in fresh and new ways.
This is an exciting opportunity for a generalist communications professional to execute on deep and detailed PR campaigns supported with high quality video and design from our in-house team.
Strong on communication, creativity and relationship management, the role demands great planning and interpersonal skills and adaptability.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role is Hybrid or in-studio. The Hybrid expectations are 2 days per week in our Horsham studio. This may be 3 days during the probation period. This role cannot offer fully remote working. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
Supporting the Director of Corporate Communications, you will have a good understanding of audience demographics with the ability to adapt your communications accordingly through a strong written skillset. You will further develop and evolve the team’s ability to deliver global PR support to multiple studio locations, to work with our Operational teams to attract and retain top global talent, and for presenting the best of the CA brand.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Implement comprehensive PR and events plans, working with multiple stakeholders, in support of our award-winning studio
- Have an excellent eye for detail and an awareness of audiences
- Deliver fresh and impactful PR across multiple channels
- Manage and mentor the Corporate Communications Co-ordinator, overseeing content development for the Creative Assembly website, social media, advertising, press releases, events external materials, and internal newsletters, to best support the studio, our teams and our culture.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- PR experience in-house or agency
- A comprehensive communications project delivery skillset looking at all stages including planning, execution, and analysis
- Experience working with diverse spokespeople and ability to adapt to different complex subject matters
- Thorough appreciation of the significance of integrated, cross-discipline communications
- Positive people management and mentoring experience (not necessarily as a direct line manager)
- Relationship and stakeholder building; tailoring approaches, pitching/presentation, and reporting effectively, regardless of audience
- Appreciation of the importance of data, monitoring and measurement
- Ability to prioritise effectively and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to adapt to different audiences
- Flexible and adaptable, with a self-starter / can-do attitude.
- Interviewer experience with the drive to get the best out of the interviewee
- Experience within the consumer technology and/or the creative and gaming industries.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.