PortalOne develops mobile-first “Hybrid Games” that combine games and live shows to give users a more engaging games experience, with stunning visuals and interactivity. This convergence of entertainment forms means that our workforce is a mix of people from diverse industries, all working as a single team to create new workflows and pipelines to support production and delivery of next generation gaming entertainment.
With founders and colleagues who have pioneered #1 hits in the gaming, film and TV industries around the world, ours is a culture of embracing challenge and breaking barriers to bring great entertainment to life.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Community Manager has a comprehensive understanding of how communications, content, social media and influencer relationships intersect with each other, and is adept at creating and executing community strategy across multiple channels to continuously engage our existing fans and entice new ones. This role connects our gaming community with the PortalOne development team. Ultimately, you will act as the user-centric voice of our brand and manage all community communications, with the end-goal of achieving happy players and better games.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Create and execute the community philosophy and strategies of the company and product in order to deliver community programs across all channels
- Partner with internal teams to align strategies and efforts while supporting and building positive relationships with our licensing and other partners
- Define the community’s voice and generate compelling media communications, such as blogs, patch notes, contests, live events, VOD, content partnerships, and influencer/streamer programs
- Grow followers and audience engagement by delivering fully-integrated community programs across channels
- Identify, cultivate, and engage advocates, including passionate influencers that can help amplify our core reach
- Act as the spokesperson on our user-facing channels, maintaining a consistent and positive presence and understand the state and needs of the community
- Analyze and utilize social media listening and intelligence tools extensively to interpret, document, and report content and program ROI performance data, including community sentiment
- Monitor and benchmark competitors and industry leaders’ trends in community and influencer relations
- in order to introduce their best practices and improve our overall strategy
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of 4 years of recent professional experience launching and building mobile gaming communities from the ground up, collaborating with content creators, partners, and internal development teams.
- Proficient in third-party social tools for content management, listening, and analytics. Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
- Ability to work individually and with cross-functional teams to develop campaigns and drive engagement
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to engage and motivate an online community
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Experience working on a mix of mobiles games while managing and growing gaming communities
WORKING AT PORTALONE OFFERS YOU:
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- 25 paid vacation days per year, plus public holidays
**THIS POSITION IS BASED IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA**
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Send CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org