Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced Customer Journey Manager to join our Live Operations Marketing team based at our studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
In this new key role in the studio, you will develop and refine digital customer journeys for our community of players and newcomers to our games, including the long-established Total War franchise and a new FPS game currently in development. You will have a customer-first approach and represent our players & customers in campaign planning. You will bring an analytic view of our customer interactions, as well as a allowing for creativity in designing and refining them.
As a key member of the Live Operations Marketing team, you will be responsible for mapping and on-going refinement of multi-channel journeys.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Gather audience and journey insights, while working with our UX & Community teams, as well as with publishing & media partners
- Represent the voice of our customers, alongside the Player Experience team
- Identify opportunities for engagement-focused campaigns around our new game releases and back catalogue of games, as well as other Franchise activity
- Create CRM campaigns for specific content releases and events, as well as establishing lifecycle management and automated programs
- Measure and report campaign KPIs, including acquisition, engagement & retention goals, working with the Business Intelligence team
- Create briefing campaign assets and work with Brand & Community teams on creative direction and messaging as well as coordinating localisation
- Set up campaigns in CRM tools, including in-game messaging – uploading assets, scheduling, setting conditions, and supporting the test process.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Deep understanding, and passion, for digital customer journey management, including experience with supporting tools & technology
- Experience defining and running CRM campaigns, including audience management, customisation, and automated programs
- Excellent understanding of marketing data; ability to set KPIs, analyse and report on business impact
- Excellent communicator with ability to engage and collaborate with stakeholders across teams
- Experience working in B2C industry, with customer-facing marketing interactions
- Understanding of data & privacy laws and implications for CRM.
- Entertainment industry experience or a keen gamer
- Experience setting up a new CRM platform
- Experience working with a Customer Data Platform or Single Customer View approach
- Strong project management skills
- Marketing or Business degree, or CIM qualification.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio, as we push the boundaries in creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedication motion capture facility. We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 and are developing more flexible ways of working for the future. Right now, we are actively recruiting and onboarding staff with our expert IT and HR teams setting you up for success remotely, whether you’re relocating now or will be in the future.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- We are developing more flexible ways of working to give everyone at CA the balance and space they need. We also offer enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.