"To apply: Ref - 5156600. We are working with an up and coming, highly successful Indie startup studio who are looking for a talented Lead 2D Pixel Artist to join and mold their fully remote team, ready to begin work on a brand new, huge project.
What you will be doing:
As a Lead Pixel 2D Artist, you will mentor/develop a small team of artists, shape the future of the art team, and also work very hands-on during the whole game development process. As part of the development team you will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your art expertise.
You’ll have the challenge of setting the overall art direction and vision for a new and groundbreaking game, and ultimately for the whole game development studio.
You will directly manage, mentor and develop a small team of artists, and make sure the art team is optimally staffed to tackle current and future challenges.
You will be very hands-on during the development and will deliver yourself high quality visual design of original 2D games (character concepts, environments and backgrounds). You will also taking charge of the UI design.
What are looking for:
• Strong leadership skills and experience managing and developing small team(s) of artists.
• Experience in 2D pixel art (art execution and direction).
• Knowledge of technical constraints and assets optimisation.
• Great understanding of how to produce appealing pixel art in style within the available time frame and resources.
• Good knowledge of 2D editing tools, like Aseprite and photoshop, to be able to deliver any kind of good quality 2D assets.
• 2D Animation skills.
• Excellent understanding of lighting and shading pixel art techniques.
• Good knowledge of video games, ideally retro games.
To apply please send CV to Ayesha@ or phone 020 7580 6018 for a confidential chat (ideally over your cv / resume). We value close, personal relationships with our candidates and applications by this method tend to be more successful.