We are looking for an experienced Lead Concept Artist to join our ‘Total War: Warhammer’ team based at our Studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
As Lead Concept Artist, you will drive the creation of all concept art for our project, which is a continuation of the fantastical ‘Total War: Warhammer’ franchise.
Working closely with the Project Art Director and other Lead Artists/Designers, the right candidate should not only be an exceptional artist, but also be able to manage the workload/mentorship of the existing Concept Art team.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Produce concept art for a variety of assets including (but not limited to): characters/creatures, environment assets and props, landscape designs, VFX design (spells and aesthetic) as well as brand/narrative illustrations of characters and events that will be used prominently throughout the game and in external media
- Be responsible for the managing and mentoring the small Concept Art team (including freelance artists); working in conjunction with the Development Managers to outline daily task allocation and prioritisation
- Collaborating with the other Lead artists (and Designers) across multiple disciplines to ensure that each team’s concept requirements are met
- Housekeeping and organising all the concept art that comes in, as well as adhering to the approval process via our external partners.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- An extensive portfolio showcasing a range of concept art (character, environment and ideally some VFX based works)
- Fantastic interpersonal and communication skills, as well as a proven ability to manage and mentor a team of artists. Working with different teams will form the bulk of your daily time
- Knowledge of our previous Total War games, especially ‘Total War: Warhammer’
- Knowledge of the Warhammer IP (Specifically the fantasy IP)
- A background knowledge of industry standard character creation/animation pipelines.
Note: Applications for this role must include a link to their portfolio. Applications that do not have this information will not be considered.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.