OPM are working with a globally recognised studio looking for a Team Lead Engine to join their production team in Montpellier.
In the role you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate and grow with passionate and pioneering teams from all over the world. You will be a part of an exciting and inspiring environment in which you will push the limits of imagination and technology to create worlds that fascinate players.
As a member of the technology team, you will contribute to the development of the game engine used for the development of the next AAA title. You will manage a team of engine programmers with the objective of building robust and highly optimized technologies to support the work of content teams (artists, gameplay programmers, etc.).
More specifically, you will represent your teams and facilitate collaboration with the other departments involved in the project, as well as with our Programming Technical Directors, Tech Leads and Producers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIS
- Management and support of teams in the design and development of technological functionalities in the fields of the CORE engine,
- Implement the technological vision defined by the Programming Technical Directors;
- Carry out work estimates for planning, in collaboration with members of the team;
- Based on stakeholder needs, prioritize and distribute tasks between each member of the team;
- Define and implement the working methods of the Engine team (including the team structure) best suited to meet the needs of the project;
- Coordinate tasks that involve multiple teams and encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing with other technology or content departments;
- Provide relevant information to the Project Management team;
- Participate in the selection of candidates who will be joining this team;
- Support the career development of team members (development activities and/ or trainings on interpersonal or technical skills);
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good Level in C ++ programming
- Significant experience in team management with various profiles, ideally related to IT
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Taste for solving complex technical problems
- Ability to prioritize and organize many tasks
- Mastery of JIRA or similar sofware
- Fluent English required