Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced Graphics/Engine Programmer to join our FPS team to work on HYENAS, our exciting new shooter. This role will be based at one of our studios in Horsham, West Sussex
This is a fantastic opportunity for Graphics/Engine Programmers with Unreal experience, to join an exciting game development team.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role can be offered as hybrid, in-studio and/or fully remote depending on candidate requirements. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
You will be a key member of the team, creating runtime and offline features which will give our team the ability to build the best possible game.
The engine team deals with both deep engine tech (multithreading, engine optimisations, etc) and graphics (shader programming, graphics technology R&D and implementation) so your job will be varied and exciting.
While the game is UE based, you’ll be able to work on our in-house cutting edge bindless renderer.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Design & develop C++ Engine systems, Shader programming, Low level graphics programming. You’ll work on amazing, innovative technology in the safe boundaries of Unreal Engine
- Support content creators: designers, artists, and game programmers
- Produce & maintain performant high quality code
- Work on consoles to optimise the game, making it shine on every platform.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Fluent in C++ programming
- Fluent Modern Graphics programming – DX12 and/or Vulkan, HLSL, etc
- Ability to own significant features of the engine
- Experience of optimization and performance analysis tools
- Happy and confident working with other disciplines
- A deep knowledge of Unreal 4 development.
- Experience with multi-platform development
- Experience with persistent titles, operations as live products.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.