This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: PC Games
OPM’s client are one of the largest VR developers in the world. They are currently preparing to begin work on their most ambitious project to date and are seeking a Principal Technical Artist to play a critical role on their passionate, experienced team.
- Push improvements and maintain the toolchain for art asset creation and optimization that meet the team’s needs
- Innovate on techniques in asset creation that get the best visual results from the target platform
- Be a source of inspiration for other technical artists in their growth
- Great knowledge of rendering theory from cutting edge console to mobile
- In-depth knowledge of e.g., Unreal Engine 4 blueprinting, materials, shaders, etc
- Expertise in optimization for both high end and mobile, from profiling to implementation
- Strong communication skills, in English, across all disciplines and with team and management
- Excellent technical insight: from content creation to getting it to run in a game
- Aptitude for workflow optimization and knowledge of Python; writing scripts and tools that make life easier
DESIRED SKILLS (Good to have):
- Substance Painter & Designer background
- Highly skilled with Houdini
- Programming skills in C++ and/or C#
- Knowledge of CGFX and/or HLSL shader languages
- Modelling and texturing abilities
- Flexible working hours
- 26 vacation days with an option to buy 5 more
- Relocation support
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!