OPMs client is the largest VR developer in the world creating a true multi-platform AAA VR action shooter based on a global franchise.
They are kicking off development on new AAA VR project, they are looking to recruit an experienced Principle Technical Artist who can aid them in their mission!
As the Principal Technical Artist you’ll be responsible for creating and realizing opportunities to increase the visual appeal and performance of the graphics. Working in tandem with the art and tech leads you focus on researching and implementing new tools and techniques to drive up the quality of the content and the happiness of your colleagues using the toolchain.
- A solid understanding of rendering theory from cutting edge console to mobile
- Deep knowledge of e.g. Unreal Engine 4 blueprinting, materials, shaders, etc..
- An expert in optimization for both high end and mobile, from profiling to implementation
- Good communication skills, in English, across all disciplines and with team and management
- Strong technical insight; from content creation to getting it to run in a game
- An affinity with workflow optimization and knowledge of Python; writing scripts and tools that make life easier
- Substance Painter & Designer experience
- Highly experienced with Houdini
- Programming skills in C++ and/or C#
- Understanding of CGFX and/or HLSL shader languages
- Modelling and texturing abilities
- Drive improvements and maintain the toolchain for art asset creation and optimization that meet the team’s needs
- Innovate on techniques in asset creation that get the best visual results from the target platform
- To act as an inspiration for other technical artists in their growth
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
- Room to learn, grow and share your creative input
- Flexible working hours
- Pension plan
- Relocation assistance is offered.
- The latest VR hardware and titles which you can borrow and take home
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!