Blackbird Interactive is looking for a passionate VFX artist to join our team! Do you have a broad range of creative and technical experience in both 2D and 3D VFX? Here's a chance to join a small FX team where you can put all of your skills and interests to work on a huge IP known worldwide.
Please include a link to your showreel with your CV.
- Creative development of 2D and 3D real time VFX using a proprietary game engine
- Work with art director to create new styles of VFX
- Problem solve and drive tools and tech development that will enable us to achieve our signature look in the engine
- Monitor deliverable progress, manage assigned scope and requested changes, meet commitments, follow up and be on time
- Ensure FX assets meet technical requirements for a wide range of platforms
- Able to work with minimum supervision, work well in a small team and take ownership for problems
- Document tools and production pipelines that are clear and understandable
- 2+ years of proven gameplay development
- Background in creating stylized VFX
- Proven capability to work on multidisciplinary project teams, able to handle changing priorities throughout a product life cycle
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Autodesk Maya, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Perforce and PC operating systems
- Some scripting knowledge and basic understanding of coding languages
- 3D modeling skills
- 2D painting skills
- Texturing skills: Ability to map geometry; manipulate UVs; adjust textures using Photoshop; create high quality/high resolution texture.
At Blackbird, we're all about being true to our roots. We started small in our CEO's garage, and even though we're expanding, our desire is to stick to that foundation of creativity, community, and collaboration. Our team has proved that great ideas can come from any position in any discipline, so it's important to us to make sure every voice is heard.
Work/life balance is extremely important to us, and we've demonstrated that over the years by severely limiting over-time requirements. We want people to be happy about coming to work every day, and to that end we offer lots of opportunities for growth and development; whether it's lunch and learns, team events, or our generous vacation days, paid holiday closure and flexible schedules. We also try to provide every opportunity possible for our employees to spearhead R&D initiatives through our BlackOps program. In short, don't expect to feel like a cog in a machine working for BBI.
Due to COVID-19, applicants must be eligible to work in Canada, or currently in Canada on a work permit/visa. With the exception of specifically on-site roles, all roles will commence as a work-from-home arrangement. This arrangement will be revisited as COVID-19 government regulations are eased.
Please send a cover letter with your resume and application. If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
If you are interested in the role, please apply even if your experience and skills don’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.