We are Velan Studios, an independent game developer focused on creating ground-breaking innovative game experiences across existing and emerging platforms. We continue to grow our world-class studio of passionate developers who can blow game-players away with work that is both innovative and unconventional.
We are currently looking to hire a seasoned Recruiter. The ideal candidate will have proven experience sourcing candidates in the creative/technical field, a tireless approach to researching and developing relationships with the best talent. We strive to recruit candidates who align with our values and passion for being makers and players of our products.
- Strategize, Research & Source: Assist in identifying best practices, processes, and tools. Own the strategy and development of recruiting plans that will expand our talent pools and ensure there's a diverse range of candidates for both short-term and long-term efforts. Use deep sourcing techniques to identify strong talent and relay market intel back to your hiring partners to better refine and execute your recruiting strategy.
- Own the Candidate Experience: Build strong relationships with candidates. Own the full candidate experience from initial outreach to closing in partnership with internal support teams (e.g., admin management, production, and dev team).
- Partner: Work directly with hiring managers as partners to find, attract and maintain a pipeline of talent specific to the team's needs. Coach and advise based on your growing knowledge in niche markets and the competitive landscape. Use critical thinking, data, and business acumen to educate and influence hiring managers to make smart judgment calls that will directly impact who we hire. Develop and maintain strong working relationships and collaborative atmosphere with internal HR/Administrative team members, participate in HR/Administrative-related projects.
- Evaluate: Participate in full-cycle recruiting, including interviews, offers, and closing candidates. Ensure that candidates understand and embrace our unique culture.
- Prioritize: Own and juggle multiple requisitions and balance moving quickly with a great candidate experience. Use your own judgment on how to best organize, prioritize and execute in a fast-paced environment.
Requirements & Qualifications
- At least 3 years of recruiting experience (preferably in creative, gaming or entertainment industry) and value how recruiting can influence the inclusion and diversity landscape of a company.
- A passion for the gaming industry and working with highly creative individuals.
- Agility and experience building successful recruiting plans, and the ability to pivot quickly when priorities change.
- Accustomed to multi-tasking, self-prioritizing, and meeting tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and driven; you look for solutions and impact, without being asked twice.
- Curiosity that goes beyond the surface level of a profile; you research market trends and don't rely on just a keyword search to find the niche talent.
- Deep experience and an existing network within the gaming community.
- Strong knowledge of recruiting tools, applicant tracking systems, and data management/reporting techniques. Experience evaluating and implementing applicant tracking systems.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to reference the position you’re applying for in the subject line.
About Velan Studios:
Velan Studios’ mission is to create ground-breaking game experiences centered on new forms of play across both existing and emerging platforms. Velan Studios is an independent studio comprised of a diverse team of seasoned developers who have worked at various AAA studios like Vicarious Visions, Naughty Dog, Harmonix, Nintendo, Disney/Pixar, Toys For Bob, Avalanche Studios, Retro Studios, and more. Velan Studios is based in Troy, NY.